We believe that everyone is a child of God, so we are all family. Join us in being loving members of our community as we share Christ with others!
What to Expect:
- Friendly and sincere greetings at the door!
- Ushers to help you find a class or comfortable seat in the auditorium.
- Bible studies that help us have a closer relationship with Jesus.
- Joyful singing that will encourage your walk with the Lord.
- Prayers of thanksgiving and heartfelt appeals for each other, our country, and our world.
- Special time to remember what Jesus has done for us. (communion)
- Sermons direct from the Bible. (Word of God)
- Acknowledgement that you are our special guests and we are always excited when you come!
- Invitation to be part of the family of God.
Here at Hazel Dell Church of Christ, we hope that you, too, feel like a part of the family of Christ.
- 9:00 am Children’s Bible hour
- 9:00 am Adult Bible class
- 10:00 am Morning Worship
- 6:00 pm Evening Worship
In 1980 there were about 9 families that wanted to plant a church of Christ on the west side of Clark County. These 9 families had been members and attending the Vancouver church of Christ. A house was purchased on Lake Shore Drive and the members began to meet in the basement of the house.
On the same property there was a large metal fabricated building used for a truck repair garage that was renovated and made into a place to worship and have bible school classes. This building has been added onto twice since that first renovation. The building now has a seating capacity for 300 and has a nice addition for classrooms and a foyer with two offices, kitchen, nursery, bathrooms and four additional classrooms. There is a very adequate paved parking lot and an additional upper parking lot that is graveled.
The church has had 5 full time ministers since its inception and the membership has been as high as 185 and is currently at 102. The church is actively involved in foreign missions in Malawi, Africa and local mission efforts in Clark County and Portland. There is close involvement with the Hazel Dell Elementary and Fruit Valley Schools, local shelters and local families in need. The church involves itself in support to Mountain States Children’s Home and Orphans Lifeline. The church also responds, with both goods and funds for disaster relief, both national and international.